Heading to the Catalonian capital and don’t need to miss a single factor? We perceive. Whether or not you’ve received 48 hours or just a few weeks to discover the sunny seaside metropolis, we’ll allow you to expertise the very best of it. From tasty tapas and majestic mountain views to exploring Gaudi’s masterpieces, Barcelona has one thing for everybody. Learn on for the 10 experiences you’ll be able to’t miss.
1. See all of it on the Sagrada FamiliaNearly 150 years within the making, Antoni Gaudi’s final masterpiece is a jaw-dropping sight. Get probably the most out of your go to on a 1.5-hour tour with an expert guide. Not solely will you take pleasure in precedence entry, however you’ll additionally get the within scoop on the landmark’s fascinating historical past. After your tour, spend a while wandering beneath the basilica’s large stained-glass home windows. On sunny days, the flooring of the inside are bathed in colourful gentle — a photograph opp if there ever was one!
2. Take within the views by way of Gaudi’s eyesEscape the hustle and bustle as you stroll round this lush oasis within the coronary heart of town. Soak in beautiful views with one day access to Park Güell, a UNESCO World Heritage Web site. Encompass your self with Gaudi’s mosaics as you ascend the Dragon Stairway, and snap away on the world-famous salamander. On the way in which again down, reward your self with slightly sunbathing within the greenery of Austria Gardens.
3. Marvel at groundbreaking structureReally feel impressed by a spectacular instance of modernist structure, the Casa Milà — one of many must-see locations to go to in Barcelona. With a skip-the-line ticket, you’ll be able to soak up its whimsical curves and distinctive corkscrew chimneys with out the stress. Take within the picturesque stairwells and roof terrace, all of the whereas admiring the quirkiness of Gaudi’s distinctive type.
4. Get pleasure from unique entry to an iconic live performance corridorWish to see one thing particular that almost all vacationers don’t? An unique tour across the Palau de la Música Catalana is an enviable expertise. The rehearsal corridor of the Orfeó Catala is a blaze of ornate decorations and kaleidoscopic colours. If you happen to’re fortunate, there may even be a rehearsal taking place when you go to.
5. Gaze down on town from a cable automobileWhy sweat it on foot when you’ll be able to soak up panoramic views from a cable car? Journey in type over town’s rooftops because the Mediterranean sparkles beneath you. By climbing 270 ft to the highest of the hill of Montjuïc, you’ll be able to you ensure you’ve seen every little thing!
6. Discover a magical monasteryGet off the overwhelmed monitor and into breathtaking pure surroundings with a guided tour of the Monastery of Montserrat. Nestled on the high of Montserrat mountain, monks have loved the spectacular views from this Monastery for the reason that 10th century. If that’s not heavenly sufficient, spherical off the expertise with a three-course meal at a close-by farmhouse.
7. Sway to the rhythm of a flamenco presentAdmire skilled dancers a live flamenco show. Expertise the eagerness of this one-hour efficiency as two performers strut their stuff to Spanish guitars. After you’ve constructed an urge for food, sit again and watch the way it’s finished as you savor the style explosion of a tapas.
8. Take up the sights on two wheelsGet pleasure from pedaling round Barcelona’s windy streets on a sightseeing bike tour. Absorb the solar whereas touring by way of squares and meals markets to find town’s hidden gems. It may be a wholesome exercise — however don’t fear, you’ll kick up your heels at a seaside bar afterward.
9. Uncover an Artwork Nouveau masterpieceEncompass your self with splendor throughout a 1.5-hour tour round the world’s largest Art Nouveau complex. Modernist architect Lluís Domènech i Montaner’s backyard metropolis has turn into top-of-the-line locations to go to in Barcelona. The Sant Pau Recinte advanced is so elegant, it’s exhausting to imagine it was used as a public hospital for a century.
10. Cook dinner just like the locals at a paella classWhy dine out at costly eating places each night time when you’ll be able to be taught to make paella with a trained chef? Discover the well-known market La Boqueria within the outdated city and be taught to cook dinner a standard Basque Pintxos or Montaditos. After you’ve combined your individual sangria, the chef will train you to make paella de marisco. Now that’s what we name a meal.